CO2 Fractional Laser
Cove’s Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Laser treatment is a fractional laser treatment that helps to improve the skin’s surface effectively, making it the go-to laser for treating acne scars and repairing light damage. This treatment is suitable for men and women of all ages, especially for skin types that are acne prone.
What conditions can CO2 Fractional Laser treat?
CO2 Laser is a non-invasive fractional, ablative laser skin resurfacing treatment, suitable for both men and women. CO2 Laser is typically used on the face for the following:
Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Skin & Eye Rejuvenation
Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Skin & Eye Rejuvenation
How does CO2 Fractional Laser work?
CO2 Laser operates based on the principles of selective photothermolysis. It utilises laser technology to create tiny micro-wounds while leaving bridges of untreated skin, thus treating only a fraction of the skin’s surface. This fractional approach promotes faster healing and reduces downtime compared to traditional ablative lasers. This process harnesses the body’s natural healing mechanism, encouraging the development of new tissue and supportive collagen fibers. The result is a rejuvenated, healthy, and more youthful appearance of the skin.
Benefits of CO2 Laser Treatment
Cove’s CO2 Laser Treatment is popular as it provides the following benefits:
- Reduces facial fine lines and wrinkles
- Gives the skin a more firm and smooth appearance
- Improves the appearance of scars by resurfacing
- Reduces sun damage, such as brown spots
- Reduces skin blotches and blends skin colour
- Improves appearance of pigmented and vascular conditions
The Healing Process
Immediately After: The laser creates micro-ablated columns to stimulate surrounding healthy cells to kickstart rapid healing.
2 days post treatment: New collagen is forming during the wound healing process.
14 days post treatment: Outer layer of the skin is completely healed and collagen remodeling continues for up to 9 months.
Treatment at a Glance
4 - 6 sessions
3 - 4 weeks
3 - 5 days
Frequently Asked Questions
Although significant results can be seen in a single treatment, your skin will continue to improve over the next 6-9 months. Your skin will appear smoother and more evenly toned.
Everyone experiences pain or discomfort to varying degrees! Nonetheless, topical numbing cream will be applied before the treatment and our certified Doctors at Cove will determine how to minimize your discomfort during the procedure.
The outcomes can differ for each individual, primarily influenced by the nature and severity of the condition. Optimal results are typically achieved after 4-6 sessions. We advise consulting with our doctors for a comprehensive assessment to determine the appropriate number of sessions for your specific needs.
We recommend sessions to be 1 month apart.
Proper aftercare is essential to ensure optimal results and minimize any potential side effects.
Avoid Sun Exposure
- Limit sun exposure for at least 1 week post-treatment
- If you need to be outdoors, use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with high SPF (and wear a cap!)
- Cleanse gently with a mild, non-abrasive cleanser
- Avoid harsh scrubs or exfoliants that could irritate the treated skin
Hydration is Key
- Use a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer and cool hydrating sheet masks
- Avoid products with harsh chemicals or fragrances that could irritate the skin
- Active ingredients to avoid for 1 week post-treatment: retinoids, alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), beta hydroxy acids (BHAs), Vitamin C, Niacinamide
- Wait until all redness or irritation has subsided before reintroducing these ingredients slowly
- Avoid makeup application for at least 24 hours post-treatment to allow the skin to recover
Be Cautious with Heat and Sweat
- Avoid strenuous exercises that cause excessive sweating for the first 24-48 hours (sweating may increase the risk of infection and irritation)
- Avoid hot showers, saunas, steam rooms for the first few days (heat can worsen redness and swelling)
Patience is Key
- Results may take time to fully manifest. Be patient and allow your skin to heal naturally
- Avoid picking your face at all costs!
Individual skin responses to treatments vary. If you experience prolonged redness, swelling, or any unexpected side effects, kindly contact us. At Cove Aesthetic Clinic, we remain dedicated to providing support and assistance for your well-being.
Patients may experience redness and swelling immediately after the procedure, similar to a sunburn. Recovery time can range from a few days to a week, with most patients being able to resume normal activities relatively quickly (within 3-5 days post-treatment).
No two faces are the same, and neither are our treatments.
Customised treatment plans always work best. We tailor each treatment plan to your specific needs, ensuring you get the results you desire. Our patient’s journey starts before their booking – and continues after their COVE experience.
Book a Consultation
We require new patients to attend a consultation with our Doctor so we can better understand your aesthetic concerns. At Cove, we genuinely care for our patients. Consultations are in-depth, never rushed, and we will never recommend treatments that you do not need. Simply drop us a WhatsApp or a phone call to book an appointment!
Come On Over
It’s time to come into COVE and meet us for your consultation! During this phase, we encourage you to maintain an open mind. While you may have a vision in mind, our doctors may offer different advice based on their assessment of your condition and desired treatment outcomes.
Begin Your Transformation
You’ve consulted our Cove Experts, and the treatment plan has been discussed with you. We’re now ready to make your transformation happen! To ensure no time is wasted, we recommend starting your treatment in the same session as your consultation. You’ll love how each visit to COVE is a boost to your self-confidence!
View More Services
BEGIN YOUR SKIN JOURNEY TODAY
Book An Appointment
If you have any general enquires or would like to arrange a consultation with us, you may contact us by filling the following form.