Nose threading is a popular non-surgical way to augment the nose and is an alternative to nose fillers. At Cove, we perform the well-known Ultra V Hiko nose threadlift. In this procedure, polydioxanone (PDO) threads are inserted along the length of the nose bridge, as well as into the nose tip.
The PDO threads produce a lift in the nose height by:
- Causing volumization and mechanical increase in the nose height
- Stimulates collagen production in the nose to produce long term increase in the nose bridge height.
Nose threads usually show result immediately and last for 1 to 1.5 years. After which maintenance may be necessary by reinserting new threads.
What happens during and after the procedure?
During the procedure:
- Numbing cream is applied to the nose area
- Local anaesthetic (lignocaine) is administered by the doctor
- Threadlift procedure performed by doctor in which PDO threads are sequentially inserted into the nose via a opening in the nose tip
- Procedure usually done in 15-30 mins
After the procedure:
- Temporary swelling of the nose which will resolve over a few days
- Small risk of bruising which will resolve in 5-7 days
- Needle mark on nose tip that will close and heal within a week
|Benefits of Nose Threads||Implications of Nose Threads|
|▪️ Able to give a sharper and more defined nose bridge compared to fillers||▪️ Follows original shape of nose bridge so customization of nose shape is not possible to a large degree|
|▪️ No risk of vascular compromise||▪️ Patients with very flat nose bridges may benefit more from the volumizing effect of nose fillers|
|▪️ Long duration of action (1-1.5 years)||▪️ Threads cannot be instantly dissolved unlike fillers and hence is not readily reversible|
|▪️ Able to modify shape and projection of nose tip||▪️ Higher risk of bruising and downtime compared to nose fillers|
AUTHOR: Dr. Ng Hong Yi, Aesthetic Doctor, Cove Aesthetic Clinic